Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Anti-bully: You ARE worth it

It really pushes my wrong buttons when I hear that a child committed suicide because they were bullied. It kills me inside. when you're a kid you don't really know who you're going to be. You're like a seed waiting to sprout into something beautiful. It doesn't matter what you look like or what kind of things you're into for that moment. I look at it this way, what if it was my own child being bullied? What if it was my little brother? I went through that kind of pain as a kid, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Our young people should be protected from this kid of torment.

The best advice that I can give to the younger generation is this: Find a strong support system whether it be your family, friends, teachers, or even a group of people going through the same thing. Find something that you're good at like art or a sport or whatever it is that you like to do, and just do it. Use it to vent your feelings. Seek out the help of a trusted adult. If they don't listen to you keep speaking until someone hears you. When someone hits you, turn the other cheek. Kill them with kindness. Don't show them fear. Be the better person. Don't ever stoop to their level because you are so much better than them. And one day you will shine like the sun. You will become the stronger person.

You are worth it. You are smart. You are beautiful. You are handsome. You are funny. You are brilliant. You are creative. You are whatever you think you are. You can do whatever you put your mind to. And believe me, It DOES get better

No comments:

Post a Comment